5. What search strategy should you use?
A search strategy is a complete record of the approach you have taken to finding information about your search question. A search strategy would include:
- Your search question
- Your key words and alternative search terms
- The evidence sources you have chosen and your rationale for choosing them
- The limitations you have put on your search, for example, ‘evidence from 2005 or later’; ‘evidence from UK only’; ‘secondary research only’
- How you have used your key words and other search terms
- The dates during which you have conducted your searches